avandia

Friday, June 10, 2011

Jackson

Jackson is TWO! I am so surprised at how the time flies. While reflecting on this very thought a few nights ago, I started thinking about how fast it would be once he started school. Then my mind took off and started thinking about how fast he would be in middle school, then college, then maybe married and I wouldn’t be the woman in his life anymore…..then I had to stop myself. Craziness. I really can’t let myself think that way if I don’t want it to end in tears.

The truth is that this past year with this little man has been a blast. He is such a fun age. He has learned to not only walk, but run, jump, kick, hide, play, color, eat with utensils, etc. He is Busy with a capital ‘B’ and a non-stop talker. I really do mean non-stop. Jack will repeat things up to 10 times just to get you to acknowledge or answer him. It is exhausting. But when he is gone, it seems too quiet.

We can now have total conversations with J. He is hilarious. Every day I find myself trying to specifically remember things to recall to Mark after he gets home. Sometimes I will just call him at work…just so I know that I won’t forget. Example: the other day Jackson and I were ‘working’ on my computer editing pictures (Jackson sits next to me eating a snack while I edit photos) and the battery was about to expire. In a haste (so as not to loose all my work) I said to Jackson ‘Uh-oh. Mommy’s computer is about to poop out. I better fix it.’ As I am getting up to get the cord to plug it into an outlet, Jackson starts yelling in his shrill little voice,
 “OH NO!! Mommy’s tompooter is pooping. Mommy change diaper! Mommy’s pooter (computer) needs new diaper! OH NO….(and it starts again..)”
Ha! I definitely chose the wrong words to explain what was happening J

Jackson is such a love-bug, especially to his brother, Benaiah. It makes me so proud. Every morning the first activity (after Jackson tells me he doesn’t want me to change his soggy diaper) is to go find Ben. Once he finds him, J runs up to him, gets his face as close as possible and says ‘dood moaning (good morning) Benaiah……am dood (I’m good)’. Jackson gets giggly and very excited while Ben just glows. I LOVE their interaction.

Jackson-
I am completely in love with you. I feel so lucky to watch you grow and share my every day with you. You have made life really fun and exciting.
Your squishy cheeks are my favorite place to shower you with kisses. The couch, a blanket, movie and popcorn is one of my favorite activities to share with you. I love how you run into my arms yelling ‘watch out’ when daddy chases you. I look forward to you coming into Ben’s room every night after your shower to show me that you put on my robe, again. I am flattered that each time you figure out ‘something cool’ the first thing you want to do is ‘show mommy’. I melt when you come up to me and ask ‘hode you’ and then lay your head on my shoulder. I love that you think my kisses make your owies all better. I love how you throw your hands up in the air with a smile on your face when you say ‘AMEN’.
You are such a smart and strong boy. You are precious and I am so proud of the young man you are growing into. My prayer for you (other than figuring out/caring about the potty!) is that in this next year you learn more about our Lord and Savior and His beautiful Grace. And that you start to understand what it looks like to have a relationship with Jesus. I am so thankful He has given you to us. My cup runneth over.
-love momma


2 comments:

Maria said...

Such a precious two year old boy you have there. You are a wonderful mother Melissa! Your boys are blessed to have you!

Ben and Amanda said...

Much too sweet! You are such a beautiful and wonderful momma! Can't wait to see you and the growing boys!!!!