avandia

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Leftovers

This past Thanksgiving was great. We have an amazing time with friends each year (and have for the past 5 years) and really had fun sharing our kids with each other this year (3 of the 4 couples have had a boy (or two in our case) in the past year). This makes Thanksgiving really special for us....the tradition of getting together and now doing it with our kids. Super Fun. (Photos to come on a different post)

Watch out for this crazy reindeer!

However, this Thanksgiving brought on some lingering effects that were not so grand. Starting Monday night (we arrived home Sunday) both Mark and I got incredibly sick. So sick we could hardly move, sick. At one point after I made a contribution to the toilet gods I went in to check on Benny, and found that he too was being plagued by the same thing Mark and I had. Covered from head to toe in his own vomit, I woke Mark to help me get him cleaned up and put new bedding on for his crib. We were a mess. Luckily, Jack was in the clear.

Mark took the next day off of work and the three of us tried to nurse ourselves back to health and, at the same time, take care of a healthy and very active Jackson. Thankfully, Mark's mother was in the area and came down to help out in the afternoon. Such a Blessing. 

Wednesday was laundering the mess and dealing with the possibility of Benny getting dehydrated. At this point he had stopped throwing up, but the other end was still being fussy. 

Today. I woke around 6:45 to Jackson screaming in his room. My stomach sank. I knew what I was going to find. As I opened his door it was like a scene from a horror movie. He was standing on his bunk projectile vomiting all over his bed. Sick. I was in for a long day. And that it was. How do you explain to a 2-year-old that the ickiness will go away and that you HAVE to put your ickies in the bucket or toilet?! I had a lot of messes today and am in the process of looking for a really good carpet cleaner :)

We have now found out that just about everyone in our thanksgiving group or anyone that came in contact with said group have dealt with this same bug. This thing is violent and so contagious....absolutely nuts. Needless to say, these were not the kind of Thanksgiving leftovers that I hoped for :)

Anyway. I am very excited to get this week over with, Benny back to complete health (the rest of us are) and on to Christmas traditions with my family and friends!

Poor bubby, finally fell asleep on the couch

Funny story from today:
As I was trying to keep Jackson on the couch and do his thing in the bucket, he started crying and telling me 'no'. He tried to push away the bowl and tell me he wanted to be all done (who wouldn't want that?!) and was really upset about the whole process. Poor little lamb. Well, Benny Boy decided that what was going on over by us looked a lot cooler than what he was doing and that maybe he should get over there fast. Next thing I know, the boy starts walking to us. Yes. Walking. He chose that moment to show me his new trick. Once he arrived he pointed and said "ooooooooooh' at what was happening to Jackson and then started to tug on the bowl in his direction! Three people pushing on one bowl, all in opposite directions, while trying to keep certain fluids completely contained and not on my carpet or couch. Ha! All I could do was laugh. Just a bit chaotic. 

You will probably want to turn down your volume so you don't hear my obnoxious mom voice :)

This week Benaiah has also decided to become a crazy monkey climber and play with light switches. He is so proud of himself!
Please excuse the poor quality of the pics, they are from my phone.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I feel for ya! (And not just because we're STILL working it through our house - one.at.a.time. ugh.) When my two oldest were little they would cry and scream and FIGHT the bucket. I think in their little minds it's the bucket itself that MAKES them sick? Thankful that my now nearly 3 yr old is a PRO with a bucket (rarely pukes anywhere else unless it's just waking up in bed) and *most* of the other kids have figured it all out as well. Even the baby did okay with the bucket... poor thing was the first one to get all this yuck.

Hope you are ALL completely better soon, and that Christmas brings no such leftovers. ;) And I was wondering if "grandma" got the yuckies after coming to help out? Like you said... this is one NASTY virus!

~k