We had a really fun celebration the day before Jackson's actual birthday. A small gathering of family and friends came to our house to celebrate the day with Jackson. We had a lot of laugh's and he was a really great sport about everything, especially considering he missed a nap!
There were fun decorations (made by my crafty mom and I), and lot's of good food....
I was especially proud how his cake/cupcakes turned out. They just looked so festive! However....Jack had other thoughts about the taste of cake :) This apple doesn't fall far from the 'Mark' tree....
Much to my dismay (although I knew it would happen some day) Jackson received his very first Leatherman. Uhhgg. Thanks a lot Uncle Joel....
And, guess who's girlfriend showed up to the party?! Yep, Jackson's very first valentine, Kendall, came to celebrate with him. Jackson even found the time to give her a few smooches (when her daddy wasn't looking) and a quick little ride on his new four-wheeler. Here he accidentally gave it a little too much snoose and sent them both flying backward :)
We really had a great time celebrating with Jackson. It is amazing how much growth a child goes through in their first year of life. We are looking forward to what this next year will bring with our little man.
2 comments:
Looks like Jack had a great first birthday! Very crafty and creative decorations, I am very impressed!
Thanks for the congrats and especially for the prayers!
Jackson is one studly man you have there...I told Josh about the cake and he laughed and said that is so Mark! :)
Two things: Why are you making that poor boy eat cake? :) And, I mean, you are amazing--everything looked so good!
Post a Comment