So I have decided to play a little catch-up and give a few posts showing our lives the last few months!
Not knowing the gender of this baby has been really hard. I often find myself going back and forth, and then getting frustrated that I just don’t know. Definitely a downfall of mine is being able to just sit back and ‘not know’ things. This (as simple and goofy as it is) has totally been a test of faith for me…constantly pushing me to rely on God’s love and faithfulness that all this baby growing stuff is in his hands, not mine. Seriously. If I knew the gender, then I am sure I would be fretting about some other aspect of pregnancy that is completely out of my control.
Anyway, ALL of that to say, I have completed my ‘gender-neutral’ nursery and am very excited to share it.
The dresser was from my dad's family farm and they had it redone for the nursery. It turned out beautifully and it is so fun to have a special treasure like this in our home. The crib was a $50 craigslist find, and the rocking chair was a bargain my mom found for us!
I stenciled a trellis pattern on the back wall with silver metallic paint. I love how it turned out and that I could get this affect without putting up wallpaper!
This chair was a birthday/baby gift from my parents. It is so comfy and it makes me really excited to rock my little babe in it.
Speaking of baby, I am officially 36 weeks! I am so excited to be on the home stretch of this pregnancy and am finding myself tired of talking about it and just very ready to live life with two kids! Yikes. That is actually really scary to me right now, but I am very confident the Lord will be taking good care of us!
Two weeks ago at my last OB appt., I found out that I was about 1 cm dilated. Very exciting considering I didn’t dilate with Jackson until right before my water broke. It really could mean nothing, but I am totally banking on it being just the greatest news ever! Ha.
Tomorrow I have another appointment so I am really excited to see where we are at. Hopefully we will have a better estimate on the babe’s arrival and be able to make some plans for Christmas!
6 comments:
I LOVE this nursery, it's gorgeous. Really. Love it.
Melissa, I so know what you mean about the baby gender thing. I totally felt like I had to prepare my heart for either gender because you bond to the baby as both girl and boy, but in the end you know you don't get one of them. Sounds silly, but maybe it was the pregnancy hormones in me! I can't wait to see if you will have another handsome boy or if it will be a girl. You said it right though, God has a plan for this baby and it will be the gender HE designed!! Praying for you guys in this final stretch!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Um....can i say unbelievable beautiful! I am truly in awe of your talents! I just wish I could be there to enjoy it in person....less than a month...YES! Let me know how your appt. goes today! Love you guys!
Hi Melissa- We have never met, but I am Amanda's sister-in-law (Ben's sister..duh) - and she showed me your blog to look at your beautiful nursery. It is so amazing! I seriously want to hire you to come and design my nursery. I am stressed about it because I want it to look like yours and just don't have the skills ;) You really were able to make a gender neutral nursery look amazing!
Best of luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy!
Megan Thorp (Wetzell)
Oh my word I LOVE your nursery! You are so talented girl!!
Cant wait to find out if baby g is a boy or girl!
Oh Melissa! This should be in a magazine; really. Amazing!
Post a Comment